Shooting a Slingshot
- Grip the handle in the middle using your less dominant hand. If your slingshot is equipped with a wrist-hold, then hold the handle by inserting your hand up and through the wrist-hold. which will come to rest on the top of your forearm.
- Ammunition is available in different forms. You can use small stones or lead balls for the custom-made slingshots.
- Place the ammunition in the center of leather pouch. Fold the pouch over it and then clutch the fold firmly, without letting go of the ammunition, using the thumb, middle and index finger of your prominent hand. Keep a firm, but steady grip on the projectile.
- To increase chances of your projectile hitting the target, hold the slingshot vertically. Some players shoot the ammunition by holding the slingshot horizontally. But holding it vertically will make the shot more accurate. Keep your wrist and forearm aligned.
- To increase the accuracy of your shot, place the toes of your foot on the side of your non-prominent hand, pointing at and in line with the target. You can do this by turning your body slightly towards the target and placing the foot in front of your body.
- Keep the arm gripping the slingshot straight, extended and pointing at the target. Keep it parallel to the ground. Pull the leather pouch straight back close to your cheek, by exerting a steady pull with your other hand.
- See to it that the rubber tubes on the both sides of leather pouch are parallel to the forearm of your hand holding the slingshot, and perpendicular to its handle. Look at the target through the 'Y'. Try to maintain its position between the fork. Take your time and release the pouch gently.
- Try to see the path the projectile has taken. This will help you in making adjustments for the next shot, if you missed the target on your first attempt.